Random Acts of Kindness
Because we are talking about changing hearts and minds, and inviting all people to a new way of living in relationship with Christ, we're looking at an evolutionary transformation. The good news is that we are simply adopting the mission entrusted to us by Jesus the Christ to his followers. This mission we seek to implement in the particular circumstances of our time and place.
- Contact a teacher you had in the past to thank them for all they did for you growing up.
- Listen to a Christian radio station this week. (KLOVE 98.3 FM/The Message Sirius XM Ch. 63)
- Start a list of things you are thankful for and hang it on your bathroom mirror to remind yourself how blessed you are this season.
- Make straight something in your life that you've been meaning to get to and step outside the box and attend one of our Advent penance services.
- Attend morning Mass one day this week to rejuvenate your soul.
- Say Merry Christmas to everyone you encounter from now until January 8!
- Give a generous tip when you eat out, or write a heartfelt thank you on the back of the check.
- Read Isaiah 40:1-5 and share the Scripture on your social media accounts this week.
- Ask a parent to share a story about Christmas when they were growing up.
- Put a surprise note or sketch in with your spouse's or kid's lunch.
- Put sticky notes of encouragement on mirrors at home, your school, place of business or anywhere really to remind people Jesus loves them.
- Watch A Christmas Carol or It's a Wonderful Life with your family or friends this week.
Snap a picture of your act of kindness and share it on social media using the hashtags #Prepare #StBarbara2020. Then encourage your family, friends and neighbors to join in and pay it forward with you.