Dates and times allotted for baptisms are as follows:
- Second Sunday of each month after 10:30 a.m. Mass.
- Fourth Sunday of each month during 10:30 a.m. Mass
When calling to schedule your child's baptism you will need the following information
- Child's due date or date of birth
- City in which the child will be or was born
- The father's full name and mother's maiden name.
- Address and phone number
- The sponsors' (godparents and Christian witness) names and parish where registered.
Choosing Your Child's Godparents
The task of choosing a Catholic godparent is a significant one that parents should consider with care. Far too many parents presume that godparenthood is a social honor that may be bestowed on people they have a great deal of affection for and would like to honor. While there is nothing wrong with using this as a criteria when all of the canonical criteria for godparenthood are met by the pool of candidates, it cannot be substituted for the canonical criteria. One of the purposes of godparents, as outlined in the Code of Canon Law (canon 872), is to assist the parents in teaching and modeling the Catholic faith to the child. Therefore, Catholic godparents should be chosen based on their ability and commitment to assist parents in raising the child in the Catholic faith.
Sponsor Verification Requirement
If the Catholic godparent is not a member of St. Barbara:
- They must obtain a sponsor certificate of eligibility signed by the pastor from the parish where they are currently registered and active.
- This certificate is to be mailed directly to our office at least one month prior to the scheduled baptism. Please indicate somewhere on the envelope or certificate the name of the child to be baptized.
Christian witnesses must also forward to St. Barbara as described above a letter or verification signed by the pastor from their church.